Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Poisoning During a Power Outage
This is an important message from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. During a power outage, never use generators, grills, or other gasoline-, propane-, or charcoal-burning devices inside your home, garage, or carport or near doors, windows, or vents. They produce carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that kills more than 500 Americans each year. If your home is damaged, stay with friends or family or in a shelter. To learn more, call the CDC at 800-CDC-INFO.